The Low Income Subsidy Program gives you extra help to pay for your Medicare prescription drug plan costs.
With LIS, your monthly premium will be lower than if you did not get extra help from Medicare. The amount of extra help you get will determine your total monthly plan premium as a member of our Plan. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDF documents on this website. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free.
Low Income Subsidy Premiums
These tables show you what your monthly plan premium will be depending on your level of extra help.
2019 LIS Premiums (from January 1, 2019 until December 31, 2019)
The premiums listed above do not include any Medicare Part B premium you may have to pay.
Community HealthFirst premiums listed are for both medical services and prescription drug benefits.
If you are not getting extra help, you can see if you qualify by calling:
- 1-800-MEDICARE or TTY/TDD users call 1-877-486-2048 (24 hours a day/7 days a week).
- Your State Medicaid Office at 1-800-737-0617.
- >Social Security at 1-800-772-1213. TTY/TDD users should call 1-800-325-0778 between 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
For more information on Medicare Programs:
- 1-800-MEDICARE or TTY call 1-877-486-2047, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or visit the website at www.medicare.gov.
For more information on Washington State Medicaid Programs:
- 1-800-562-3022 or TTY call 1-800-848-5429, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, or visit the website at www.dshs.wa.gov.
For more information on the Low Income Subsidy Program:
- 1-800-772-1213 or TTY call 1-800-325-0778, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, or visit their website.
Best Available Evidence
If you believe you qualify for Low Income Subsidy (LIS) and are paying the incorrect cost-sharing amount, we can help. Community Health Plan of Washington has a process that allows you to request assistance in obtaining evidence of your proper co-payment level. If you have the evidence, provide the evidence to us.
We follow CMS' Best Available Evidence (BAE) to determine a member’s LIS. Members may send BAE documentation to establish eligibility to the Customer Service address listed below or call Customer Service to request assistance.
Acceptable forms of evidence are:
- Your State Medicaid ID Card
- Other evidence from the state showing that you are Medicaid eligible
- SSA letter that shows your SSI effective date
- SSA Award letter that says you are automatically eligible for extra help
As soon as one of the forms of BAE is presented, we will update our system so you can pay the correct co-payment when you get your next prescription at the pharmacy.
If you have questions, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-942-0247 (TTY Relay: Dial 7-1-1), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week.
Documentation can be mailed or faxed to:
Community Health Plan of Washington
Attn.: Community Health First
1111 Third Avenue, Suite 400
Seattle, WA 98101
Community Healthfirst is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Community Healthfirst depends on contract renewal. The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information, contact us.
Premiums may change on January 1 of each year.